March 2019 Partner of the Month
The Littleton Food Co-op is excited to be partnering with The Bancroft House in Franconia,
New Hampshire to raise funds for the important work they do in our community for those who
are in need of temporary shelter. The Bancroft House was founded by local people and has
been sustained by the generosity of volunteers and private donors.
The shelter is located within convenient walking distance to shops and to the post office. All
guest rooms are on the ground level and are easily accessible. Amenities include full
bathrooms for each room, a living room, laundry room, private backyard, fully stocked pantry
and communal kitchen. They operate seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Since its founding in 1982, The Bancroft House has retained private, non-profit, tax-exempt
status and depends on donations and grants for all operations.Their mission is to provide a
secure, temporary home for women, children, and families in need with compassion and
The Littleton Food Co-op Partner of the Month Program is one of their major fundraisers this
year. Even though funds are needed to keep The Bancroft House going, they have asked
funds raised the first week of March go to Rodney Mitton, former Perishable Operations
Manager, who suffered from a life threatening head injury accident earlier this year. He is still
in recovery with a long road to travel. The folks at the Littleton Food Co-op wish to thank
Bancroft House, as well as Mt. Eustis who donated part of their month to funds for Rodney,
for their generosity and heart felt compassion to our friend and co-worker.
About our Partner of the Month Program
Through our Partner of the Month Program, the Littleton Food Co-op sponsors a different local non-profit each month of the year. Partners are chosen by people like you — we host an annual Partner of the Month Fair in which Co-op shoppers and member-owners vote for their favorites. We help to raise funds a number of ways:
- Donation collection boxes with partner branding are placed at each register operating in the store.
- Every Friday Evening, $1 from every Pizza sold is donated to the Partner of the Month
- The Partner of the Month may, should they choose, decorate the bulletin board in our entrance foyer.
- The Partner of the Month may, should they choose, to set up a Meet the Partner Night on a Friday night during their month.
- NEW! Pennies for Partners: Customers paying with a credit or debit card may round up their purchases and the balance goes directly to the partner of the month.
If you’re interested in finding out more about our program or would like to become a Partner, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org