February 2019 Partner of the Month
The Littleton Food Co-op is proud to partner with Mt. Eustis Ski Hill in Littleton, New
Hampshire to raise funds and create community connections and awareness during the
month of February. Mt. Eustis Ski Hill promotes healthy active outdoor recreation
through affordable skiing and snowboarding opportunities for North Country families.
Dave Harkless, owner of Littleton Bike Shop and volunteer board member for Mt. Eustis
Ski Hill, said skiing used to be something most children in the area did in the winter.
Because of affordability more and more children are not able to just go out and ski. The
Mt. Eustis Ski Area was developed with the intention for all age groups in the Littleton
community to just be able to spend a fun afternoon skiing with family and friends.
Suggested donation to ski is only $5 No one is turned away. Just go to ski and have
some good times!
Located at 188 Mt. Eustis Road, Mt. Eustis Ski Hill opened in 1939 but shut down in the
1970’s. In December 2016 they were finally able to open the ski hill with a 1500′ rope
tow through the efforts of a group of dedicated volunteers who now run the operation.
They are a 501c3 non-profit and have been totally funded by the community donations.
The hours of operation currently are Wednesday 4pm – 7pm, Friday 6pm – 8pm, and
Saturday and Sunday 12pm – 4pm pending favorable skiing conditions. Littleton Parks
and Recreation are planning Learn to Ski Days in February. Please go to Mt. Eustis Ski
Hill Facebook page for up to date information on this and other events at the ski hill. Or
visit their website at www.mteustis.org.
About our Partner of the Month Program
Through our Partner of the Month Program, the Littleton Food Co-op sponsors a different local non-profit each month of the year. Partners are chosen by people like you — we host an annual Partner of the Month Fair in which Co-op shoppers and member-owners vote for their favorites. We help to raise funds a number of ways:
- Donation collection boxes with partner branding are placed at each register operating in the store.
- Every Friday Evening, $1 from every Pizza sold is donated to the Partner of the Month
- The Partner of the Month may, should they choose, decorate the bulletin board in our entrance foyer.
- The Partner of the Month may, should they choose, to set up a Meet the Partner Night on a Friday night during their month.
- NEW! Pennies for Partners: Customers paying with a credit or debit card may round up their purchases and the balance goes directly to the partner of the month.
If you’re interested in finding out more about our program or would like to become a Partner, please e-mail email@example.com