Floral is a sub-department of Produce that has been growing (no pun intended) over the past year. The goal is to have a variety of plants available year-round, and to keep the source of those plants as local as possible. Seasonally, shoppers can find, annual, perennials, houseplants , native plants and cut bouquets from Tarrnation Flower Farm. During the Holiday season we have wreathes, Christmas Trees and other holiday specific greenery.
Plant of the Month
Myrtle Topiary’s $10.99/each
Myrtus communis, the “common myrtle“, is native across the Mediterranean region, Macaronesia, western Asia, and the Indian subcontinent. It is also cultivated. The plant is an evergreen shrub or small tree, growing to 5 metres (16 ft) tall.
Caring for your Myrtle Plant:
- Water regularly and consistently
- Fertilize regularly
- Good drainage is important, soil should be damp but not stay wet.
- They enjoy being pruned.
- Foliage production slows in winter, so most training and shaping occur when plants are actively growing—in spring and summer.
- Mist plants often.
- Heating systems can dry out air and plants.
- If leaves curl or drop, your plant was dry for too long. Toss it, as myrtles rarely survive once they’ve completely dried out.