May 2019 Partner of the Month
The Littleton Food Co-op is excited to be partnering with Believe in Books Literacy Foundation in its mission to advance healthy development of young minds through literacy programs that encourage early reading, imagination, and physical activity. The Literacy Foundation is a Charitable 501(c)(3) Non-Profit guided by the needs and involvement of the communities of which it serves.
The Foundation is supported entirely by fundraising efforts and donations. Their largest and most prominent fundraising event is The Journey to the North Pole (previously called The Polar Express Event of New England®). They are the original event of this kind and the only one that fully engages guests as if they were living the book. In addition they feature multiple outreach programs like “Books in Character”, “Books from Birth” and our “Book Bag Program”, reaching out to families and children throughout Northern New Hampshire and Western Maine. All of their programs and events are made possible by fundraising and our children’s literacy programs are offered FREE and are open to the public.
Learn more about Believe in Books on their website: www.believeinbooks.org
About our Partner of the Month Program
Through our Partner of the Month Program, the Littleton Food Co-op sponsors a different local non-profit each month of the year. Partners are chosen by people like you — we host an annual Partner of the Month Fair in which Co-op shoppers and member-owners vote for their favorites. We help to raise funds a number of ways:
- Donation collection boxes with partner branding are placed at each register operating in the store.
- Every Friday Evening, $1 from every Pizza sold is donated to the Partner of the Month
- The Partner of the Month may, should they choose, decorate the bulletin board in our entrance foyer.
- The Partner of the Month may, should they choose, to set up a Meet the Partner Night on a Friday night during their month.
- NEW! Pennies for Partners: Customers paying with a credit or debit card may round up their purchases and the balance goes directly to the partner of the month.
If you’re interested in finding out more about our program or would like to become a Partner, please e-mail email@example.com