We’re all very excited for the FREE film premiere evening of The Biggest Little Farm, which is happening this Saturday August 3rd at 6pm at the Bethlehem Colonial. Besides the fact that the theme of this movie is right up our alley, due to us being local foodie / farm nerds here at the co-op, we’re also looking forward to the opportunity to get dressed up for a big night out. Before the movie starts are co-hosting a reception in partnership with Meadowstone farm , and we thought we’d have a little fun with the theme and encourage a little bit of hollywood glamour to the north country. When you’re there you can nosh on local delicacies, hobnob with the farmers who live in our area, and get your photo taken by the “paparazzi”.
But what to wear?? The theme of the evening is “Barnyard best”. To start we thought we’d take our cue from those who know the farm better than anyone – the animals that actually live there! Check out these very fancy critters for some fashion inspiration:
1. A very fancy pig! We love the fringe scarf with the frilly hat. The pom pom necklace pulls the look together! What accessories are in your closet?
2. Such ladylike ducks! This look is a little old fashioned but there is no question that the hats are perfect for summer. If you do wear a big hat, just take it off before the movie starts.
3. Such a dapper goat! The bow tie and the pocket square just scream “debonair”. Whether you’re a goat, or a guy, or a gal, a bow is just the thing.
4. A glamorous chicken! The soft feathery grey updo really offsets the string of pearls. Put your hair up for a cool summery look.
5. A four-legged gentleman. There is something to be said for excellent tailoring, especially in a tweed jacket. A classic blazer and a nice tie should do the trick.
6. Tiny chick in a top hat. You’re never too tiny (or floofy) to look your absolute best. Take a cue from this adorable chicken and wear a cute hat.
We hope you’ve found some style inspiration from our barnyard friends, and we will see you at the movie! There are still a few tickets left at the co-op, so be sure to come by and pick yours up before the big night!
For more info on The Biggest Little Farm premiere, check out the event page!